Obesity is no joke – Looking for motivation to get started on that diet? Thanks to healtheo360 for putting together this graphic which communicates just how deadly obesity really is. You can only imagine the economic cost of obesity based on these startling statistics.
People who are obese are:
- 25% more likely to be suffer from depression
- 200% more likely to get multiple sclerosis
- 200% more likely to have ADHD as a child
- 33% more likely to develop asthma
- 104% more likely to have heart failure
and, also consider that:
- 30% of people suffering from dementia are obese
- Over 50% of people with diabetes are obese
- Approximately 10% of cancer is caused by obesity
- Over 35% of Americans are obese!