Healthy un-fried fries recipes: French fries might be the ultimate side dish, but fried potatoes offer little nutritional value and are unhealthy. So, if you have a craving for munching on french fries, consider these guilt-free un-fried alternatives to french fries. Here’s how to make cinnamon-sugar sweet potato fries, parmasan-pepper green bean fries, and eggplant parmesan fries in under a minute.
French Fry Hacks: 3 Healthy Alternatves
Whoever recorded this video must have had a double-shot of espresso and a couple Pixie Stix, because it’s 51 seconds of madness!
Anyway, you’ll probably have to pause and rewind the video a few times to catch it all, so here’s each fries recipe step-by-step in case you miss something!
WW: Cinnamon-Sugar Sweet Potato Fries Recipe:
- 1 tsp cinnamon 2/ 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- Sprinkle on fries
- Bake for additional 12-15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Bake for 20 min.
- Coat sweet potatoes w/ (olive oil?) cooking spray and lightly salt
- Mix 1 tsp cinnamon 2/ 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- Sprinkle on fries, then back for 12-15 min. more
- Enjoy! (5 SmartPoints)
WW: Parmesan Pepper Green Bean Fries Recipe:
- 12oz string beans
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat over to 425°
- Cut ends off 12oz string beans
- Mix Parmesan cheese w/ pepper in (about 8×12″) casserole dish
- Mix egg whites water in large bowl
- Dip string beans in egg mixture, batter w/ parmesan cheese
- Bake fries for 8-10 min.
- Enjoy! (2 SmartPoints) – So, Does WW actually work?
WW: Eggplant Parm Fries Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs Eggplant
- 1 Cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch, fry-length thick slices
- Mix breadcrumbs and parm cheese in (about 8×12) casserole dish
- Mix egg whites, water, and tomato paste in large bowl
- Dip fries in egg batter, coat with breadcrumb mix
- Put fries on baking sheet
- Bake for 25 min
- Enjoy! (4 SmartPoints)
*View their featured promotion (above) or all WW coupons
*New: If you enjoy cooking, check out our coupon for $40 off Home Chef here!
If you have any tips for these french fry hacks, please leave us a comment below: