Healthy un-fried fries recipes: French fries might be the ultimate side dish, but fried potatoes offer little nutritional value and are unhealthy. So, if you have a craving for munching on french fries, consider these guilt-free un-fried alternatives to french fries. Here’s how to make cinnamon-sugar sweet potato fries, parmesan-pepper green bean fries, and eggplant parmesan fries in under a minute.
French Fry Hacks: 3 Healthy Alternatives
Whoever recorded this video must have had a double shot of espresso and a couple of Pixie Stix, because it’s 51 seconds of madness!
Anyway, you’ll probably have to pause and rewind the video a few times to catch it all, so here’s each fries recipe step-by-step in case you miss something!
WW: Cinnamon-Sugar Sweet Potato Fries Recipe:
- 1 tsp cinnamon 2/ 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- Sprinkle on fries
- Bake for additional 12-15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Bake for 20 min.
- Coat sweet potatoes w/ (olive oil?) cooking spray and lightly salt
- Mix 1 tsp cinnamon 2/ 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- Sprinkle on fries, then back for 12-15 min. more
- Enjoy! (5 SmartPoints)
WW: Parmesan Pepper Green Bean Fries Recipe:
- 12oz string beans
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat over to 425°
- Cut ends off 12oz string beans
- Mix Parmesan cheese w/ pepper in (about 8×12″) casserole dish
- Mix egg whites water in large bowl
- Dip string beans in egg mixture, batter w/ parmesan cheese
- Bake fries for 8-10 min.
- Enjoy! (2 SmartPoints) – So, Does WW actually work?
WW: Eggplant Parm Fries Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs Eggplant
- 1 Cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch, fry-length thick slices
- Mix breadcrumbs and parm cheese in (about 8×12) casserole dish
- Mix egg whites, water, and tomato paste in large bowl
- Dip fries in egg batter, coat with breadcrumb mix
- Put fries on baking sheet
- Bake for 25 min
- Enjoy! (4 SmartPoints)
*View their featured promotion (above) or all WW coupons
That’s it! Wondering about Weight Watchers Points? SmartPoints just went through some changes now that PersonalPoints Program is here. Either way, these are pretty guilt-free.
*New: If you enjoy cooking, check out our coupon for $40 off Home Chef here!
If you have any tips for these french fry hacks, please leave us a comment below: