Can you set up NordVPN with Apple TV? While Apple TV does not support VPN software, you can still set up NordVPN with Apple TV by setting up the VPN on the router.
Here’s why you should consider using NordVPN with Apple TV plus how to set it up to improve its security and privacy.
Why Use NordVPN With Apple TV?
You may wonder whether a VPN for Apple TV is necessary at all. I mean, with a TV streaming service, you are not browsing through dangerous websites or
installing malicious software.
Well, it doesn’t matter how much security Apple promises, Apple TV could still be prone to hacker attacks. Here are the top benefits of a VPN on Apple TV:
- A VPN will protect you from unexpected intruders
- Also, it will guard your personal data by creating a secured virtual network
Now, let’s discuss how to set up NordVPN on Apple TV.
How to Set Up NordVPN on Apple TV:
We recommend using NordVPN because it’s simple, it’s user-friendly, and it’s the
fastest VPN on the market. Even though Apple TVs don’t support VPN software, you’ll have two options to set up NordVPN on Apple TV.
- Install a VPN on your router (preferred)
- Set up a VPN using smart DNS or Smart Domain Name System
Here’s how each one of these two methods for using NordVPN with Apple TV works.
1. Install NordVPN on Your Router:
The process may vary with different routers, but in most cases, you’ll have to:
- Find your router’s IP address
- Log in with your username and password
- Configure the router for a VPN connection
If installing NordVPN on a router isn’t going to work for you, then plan B is to set up NordVPN using SmartDNS.
2. Set up NordVPN SmartDNS
It might seem a bit more complicated than the first method, but just follow these steps to set up Nord VPN with a SmartDNS:
- First, connect your device to the same network that you use for Apple TV
- Then allow list your IP address on your VPN account profile
- You’ll just need to connect to your account and activate SmartDNS
- Now go to the “Settings” on your Apple TV and click on “Network.”
- Click on Wi-Fi and select your network.
- Choose “Configure DNS” and then click “Manual.”
- Enter the SmartDNS server address provided by your VPN service.
While a SmartDNS offers benefits like avoiding region blocks, we recommend method one of installing NordVPN on your router instead of SmartDNS, as it offers better protection.
NordVPN Should Work Well With Apple TV!
If you are thinking of signing up for NordVPN, we have their best promotions listed here including their best online offer promoted by YouTube influencers like Mr. Beast.
Anyway, we love our Apple TV and think it’s a superior way to stream video. I hope these instructions on how to install NordVPN on Apple TV are clear. Thanks for stopping by PrettySweet.com!