How long does Shutterfly take to ship, and how much does it cost? The total time that it takes to get your order depends on two factors added together: the amount of time to make your order (processing) and the time it takes to deliver (shipping).
Remember, some items, like 4×6 prints, can be pickup up same-day at your local Walgreens, Walmart, or CVS. In that case, skip the free shipping coupon, and get your order in about an hour! Here’s more about Shutterfly shipping, including a sweet video showing where orders are shipped from:
Shutterfly’s Shipping Methods & Speeds:
|Shipping Method:||Processing + Shipping:|
|Economy:||6-10 business days|
|Standard: (USPS)||5-7 business days|
|Expedited: (UPS or FedEx)||4-5 business days|
|Rush: (UPS or FedEx):||3-4 business days|
|Super Rush: (UPS or FedEx):||1-2 business days|
|Canada Delivery:||7-14 business days|
|Other International:||9-17 business days|
Free Shipping on $39+
Copy the code below and paste at checkout
Where Does Shutterfly Ship From?
Ever wonder where the millions of cards, photo books, and canvases ordered on Shutterfly.com are actually printed?
Shutterfly’s main production facility is in Fort Mill, South Carolina. The facility is huge, at about the length of 3 football fields. Their servers hold over 20 billion photos, and employs 350+ full-time workers, and over 1500 seasonal workers.
Here’s more about their shipping facility in Fort Mill, S.C.:
10 Shipping considerations:
- Holiday shipping: Economy and Standard shipping may take up to an additional 6 days to be delivered during peak holiday times
- No Saturday or Sunday deliveries
- Rush & expedited shipping times are guaranteed, and include tracking number
- Super rush shipping has limited availability
- Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii may take longer
- Items may ship separately: If you have ordered multiple items, they may be shipped separately, and arrive a day or two apart
- Canadian shipments may be subject to taxes, fees, and duties to be paid my recipient at the point of delivery
- International shipping: Shutterfly ships to 100+ countries. Shipping times may vary widely depending on country
- Military addresses: With APO/FPO addresses, Shutterfly recommends using “United States” as the country, regardless of the location of the recipient. Also, the estimated speed of delivery can vary based on a number of variables
- Free Shipping speed? Most times their “free” shipping is mailed at “economy” speed.
Shutterfly Shipping Costs and Fees: (Expensive!?)
So, you just designed a photo mug and it looks like you’ll get a great deal with the 50% off coupon, right? Well, that depends, because their shipping costs range from expensive to ridiculous, depending on the product!
Shutterfly determines the shipping costs based on a number of considerations including: shipping method, product type, quantity, packaging, and weight. Click below for their on-site shipping prices by product:
- Prints: Delivered from $1.79 – View shipping prices
- Photo Books: Delivered from $4.99 – View shipping prices
- Mugs: Delivered from $7.99
*Most products have to be added to your cart to see the exact shipping cost, which depends on order size, and destination.
View today’s top 11 Shutterfly coupons– Up to 50% off and free shipping!
Delivery Options & Arrival Dates:
For each order, you’ll be given estimated delivery dates at checkout. For Expedited shipping methods, these times will be guaranteed, and your order will come with a tracking number:
How to Save on Shipping:
Wow, look! I got 5 “free” items, but the shipping price is outrageous! Looks like that’s how they are recouping their potential losses on free or deeply discounted products!
So, how to you get beyond these salty shipping prices? Here are two ways
- Free Shipping code: There’s usually one available, but you’ll have to spend a minimum of $29-49 to qualify. Try comparing your oder total with free delivery versus a percent-off code. Sometimes you can stack this code on top of sale prices, which is the best deal!
- Order multiple items: So, you’re shocked that it costs $8 to ship a coffee mug? Add a second mug, and the shipping cost stays the same. So, consider ordering more than one of an item, it averages the shipping cost down
- Shipping method: Stick with standard shipping unless you absolutely need your order delivered by a specific date.