How long does Shutterfly take to ship, and how much does it cost? The total time that it takes to get your order depends on two factors added together: the amount of time to make your order (processing) and the time it takes to deliver (shipping).
Remember, some items, like 4×6 prints, can be pickup up the same day at your local Walgreens, Walmart, or CVS. In that case, skip the free shipping coupon, and get your order in about an hour!
Here are today’s best deals plus more about Shutterfly shipping, including a sweet video showing where orders are shipped from:
Shutterfly’s Shipping Methods & Speeds:
|Shipping Method:||Processing + Shipping:|
|Economy:||6-10 business days|
|Standard: (USPS)||5-7 business days|
|Expedited: (UPS or FedEx)||4-5 business days|
|Rush: (UPS or FedEx):||3-4 business days|
|Super Rush: (UPS or FedEx):||1-2 business days|
|Canada Delivery:||7-14 business days|
|Other International:||9-17 business days|
Shutterfly Shipping Costs and Fees: (Expensive!?)
So, you just designed a photo mug and it looks like you’ll get a great deal with the 50% off coupon, right? Well, that depends, because their shipping costs range from expensive to ridiculous, depending on the product!
Shutterfly determines the shipping costs based on a number of considerations including shipping method, product type, quantity, packaging, and weight. Click below for their on-site shipping prices by product.
Here’s how much shipping costs for prints:
Prints: (4×6, 4×4, 5×7, Wallet)
Shutterfly’s shipping pricing for prints is confusing, so here’s how they calculate the cost.
Shipping Cost for Prints is $1.88 for the first print plus $0.09 for each additional print at economy shipping speed. Standard shipping jumps to $4.38 for the first print and $0.09 for each additional print.
So, in this example you can see that to ship 29 prints at economy speed my shipping cost $4.51.
Speaking of prints, here’s how to get free prints from Shutterfly!
View all shipping prices for prints at shutterfly.com
The cost of shipping Shutterfly photo books depends on the type of book, number of pages, and quantity.
For my recent order of an 8×11 photo book, the shipping cost was $8.99 for the first photo book plus an extra $5 for each additional photo book.
Photo Books: Delivered from $4.99 – View shipping prices
Mugs: Delivered from $7.99*Most products have to be added to your cart to see the exact shipping cost, which depends on order size, and destination.
View today’s top Shutterfly coupons– Up to 50% off and free shipping!
Where Does Shutterfly Ship From?
Ever wonder where the millions of cards, photo books, and canvases ordered on Shutterfly.com are actually printed?
Shutterfly’s main production facility is in Fort Mill, South Carolina. The facility is huge, at about the length of 3 football fields. This warehouse is where they print photo books, canvas, prints, cards, and even custom-size boxes for each order. Plus, their servers hold over 20 billion photos and employ 350+ full-time workers and over 1500 seasonal workers.
Here’s a quick tour of their shipping facility in Fort Mill, S.C.:
10 Shipping considerations:
- Holiday shipping: Economy and Standard shipping may take up to an additional 6 days to be delivered during peak holiday times
- No Saturday or Sunday deliveries
- Rush & expedited shipping times are guaranteed and include a tracking number
- Super rush shipping has limited availability
- Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii may take longer
- Items may ship separately: If you have ordered multiple items, they may be shipped separately, and arrive a day or two apart
- Canadian shipments may be subject to taxes, fees, and duties to be paid by the recipient at the point of delivery
- International shipping: Shutterfly ships to 100+ countries. Shipping times may vary widely depending on the country
- Military addresses: With APO/FPO addresses, Shutterfly recommends using “United States” as the country, regardless of the location of the recipient. Also, the estimated speed of delivery can vary based on a number of variables
- Free Shipping speed? Most times their “free” shipping is mailed at “economy” speed.
Delivery Options & Arrival Dates:
For each order, you’ll be given estimated delivery dates at checkout. For Expedited shipping methods, these times will be guaranteed, and your order will come with a tracking number:
*Related: Easy Canvas Prints: Free Shipping Code!
How to Save on Shipping:
Wow, look! I got 5 “free” items, but the shipping price is outrageous! Looks like that’s how they are recouping their potential losses on free or deeply discounted products!
So, how do you save on Shutterfly’s expensive shipping prices? Here are 3 ways to save on the shipping cost:
- Free Shipping code: There’s usually at least one available here, but you’ll have to spend a minimum of $29-49 to qualify. Try comparing your order total with free delivery versus a percent-off code. Sometimes you can stack this code on top of sale prices, which is the best deal!
- Order multiple items: So, you’re shocked that it costs $8 to ship a coffee mug? Add a second mug, and the shipping cost stays the same. So, consider ordering more than one item, it averages the shipping cost down
- Shipping method: Stick with standard shipping unless you absolutely need your order delivered by a specific date.
I hope we were able to explain how Shutterfly shipping works. Thanks for stopping by Pretty Sweet!